Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FOUND HOME!!! :) Purebred Schnauzer: Lewie


I purchased a male miniature schnauzer to be a "friend" for my two girl schnauzers. I drove to Abington to pick him up and the breeder said she had not received this AKC registration papers yet and would send them to me. I knew better, but paid for him and have waited for 2 months and have found out from AKC that this dog is not and never will be registered. It has been a hard decision, but since we cannot use him for breeding, we need to find a home for him. If I could get at least part of the money back for him that I paid, that would be great, but more importantly I want him to be placed in the right home.

He is definitely pure bred, just not registered. He is black and silver and very sweet, but very shy. He loves me, but will not let MIke or Cara touch him. He will go up to them, but as soon as they reach out to touch him he scurries off. I can do anything to him. He lets me pet him, carry him around, sits on my lap, etc. Because of this, I think he would do better with a woman. He gets along great with our other dogs, so would do fine in a house that has other dogs. Not sure how he would do with cats. He is housebroken, walks on a leash and sits and comes on command. He has had all of his shots, but would need a rabies booster, need to be neutered and needs a haircut schnauzers do not shed).

I am attaching a picture.

If you know of anyone that would be interested, please give them my number or email.

Many thanks,
DebbieK

No comments: