
Here’s his story: my son got him from the shelter. He had belonged to one family all his life but they had a baby who turned out to be severely allergic to dogs. So the good news from that is that he is very “normal” – no emotional baggage that some shelter dogs can have! He’s very sweet, calm and gets along just fine with dogs and cats. (The woman my son rented from had 2 cats and another dog). He walked right into our house and settled in with our two labs.
So now my son just got orders from the Coast Guard to move to Puerto Rico for two years, which was totally unexpected, and he’s very sad to leave this little guy. I told him I would take him until we figured out a good solution. He needs somebody that would like a sweet little companion.
His name from his original family is Stretch – don’t ask me why since he is not a very stretched dogJ. We thought maybe it’s because he sometimes lies down with his legs stretched straight back?
He’s 7 years old, neutered, no health problems, has a microchip in his neck for tracking (I assume we can call to have the info changed from my son). Maybe 25-30 lbs? I’m not good at that – I have 100 lb labs! And he’s fluffy which makes it look like there’s more dog under there than there is!
Thanks again Tanya. I hope somebody out there will give him a good home.

No comments:
Post a Comment