Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kitty Cats

Two cats arrived at my house near Hillandale Park in Harrisonburg on Feb. 24. The black and white cat stays close to the house. The kitten wasn't to be found for two days but has been a constant companion of the black and white cat since yesterday (Feb. 26). I can only assume the kitten was hidden for a couple of days. The black and white female cat is about 8 months old. I took her to the vet for an exam and a rabies shot. Her main issue was that she needed food. I am guessing she is the mother of the kitten but don't absolutely know that. She is very affectionate although a little skittish. She wants to come inside the house, but I have kept her outside or in our garage at night. I have a dog, and the cat seems to know how to handle that. My dog isn't taking to the cat though! The kitten is a calico - gray, tan, and white. She is also affectionate and stays close to the black and white cat. I couldn't find the kitten when I took the other cat to the vet. Both cats are eating and drinking water and seem to be very friendly. They need a good home as they both want inside. I am willing to get both cats immunized and spayed but am not prepared to have them long term. My contact information is 540-434-8046. My name is Cindy Skelley. Please leave a message if there is no answer and I will return your call.

No comments: