
Note from JMU Colleague:
My friend found a stray female kitty, approx. 6 months old that showed up several weeks ago. He found her hanging out by the barn, so due to lack of creativity, I named her Barney. She’s a very pretty short hair tortie. She’s about the most affectionate cat I’ve ever encountered. She loves to be petted and definitely likes a warm lap to snooze on. We just got her spayed and she got all her shots. She tested negative for Feline Leukemia and HIV and she’s very healthy (and getting fatter by the day). We brought her inside to recoup from her spay surgery. Although she is ok with being outside, she really seems quite content being indoors and doesn’t make a run for it if the door is open. She’s made herself right at home in the spare bedroom and the living room sofa and she took to the litter box with no problem. She is a bit skittish and timid, so I think a quite home, probably without small children, would suit her best. I don’t know how she is around other pets yet.
I have gotten very attached to her and would absolutely love to keep her, but I already have one cat that does not get along with other kitties. I’m afraid Barney would be “picked on” relentlessly if she stays with me. My friend travels a lot and can’t keep her but will let her stay until I find her a home.
I would greatly appreciate it you could post this. I want to find her a good home where I know she will be happy and safe.
(Contact Karen Allison at allis2kl@jmu.edu if interested.)

No comments:
Post a Comment